NHB has been a legal force in Houston, Texas for over 35 years. We have been a Member of the WorkLaw Network of premiere boutique management-side labor and employment firms since the group was formed in the 1980s. In 2006, Bryant Banes assumed management of NHB, and was Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization that same year. Bringing this and his extensive government experience to bear, Mr. Banes expanded NHB’s labor management practice into the arena of government contracts.
- Beginning in 2011 and continuing through the present, Mr. Banes was listed in Chambers USA as a “leading lawyer in labor and employment law with a unique expertise in government contract-related matters.”
- In 2012, Mr. Banes was named a Fellow with the Litigation Counsel of America and Member of the Wage & Hour Defense Institute.
- NHB’s membership in both WorkLaw and WHDI provides established relationships and access to local counsel in every state in the Union; there are two affiliated firms located in the Washington, D.C. area; NHB is the primary advisor on government contract-related labor and employment matters.
- In 2013, Mr. Banes was honored as one of 307 nationally-named 2013 BTI All-Stars for excellence in client service; Mr. Banes was the only attorney named in the area of “government contract compliance.”
- NHB has two attorneys with Martindale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent Ratings: Bryant Banes and Sean Forbes.
- Sean Forbes has been listed as a Rising Star in government contracts for five years running and Linda Evans was selected as a Super Lawyer® in labor and employment law in 2012.
- In 2014, we developed relationships with global partners in Turkey and Afghanistan to better serve our international clients.