The must-see webinar is available here and accompanying PowerPoint is available here.
On March 31, 2020, Bryant S. Banes, Managing Shareholder & Attorney at Neel, Hooper & Banes, hosted a webinar with BCSG Insurance Services, LLC. The webinar discussed COVID-19 and the workplace and how Phase II and Phase III legislation affects small businesses.
Some of the questions covered in the webinar are:
- What are my payroll continuance duties concerning current full time and part time employees?
- What are the qualifying reasons for Leave during COVID-19?
- What rate of pay and for how long could that continue for an affected employee?
- What, if any, safeguards are in place to deter abuse by my employees?
- How does my company get reimbursed for these payroll obligations?
- What obligations do I have to employees that I must layoff during this period to minimize the damage to my Company?
- What does the expanded FMLA provision mean to me and the employees of my company?
- Is my business essential?